Red Cross volunteers provide emergency disaster assistance to families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Red Cross provides shelter, food, health, and mental health services to address basic human needs.
The Red Cross also feeds and hydrates emergency workers, handles inquiries from concerned family members, and provides access to other available resources for recovery. All disaster relief assistance provided is free of charge and is made possible by the generosity of local Red Cross donors and volunteers.
If you would like to volunteer with the North Central Florida chapter, go here: http://www.redcrossncfc.org/volunteer.html.
Health & Safety
The American Red Cross is the recognized premier provider of first aid, CPR, aquatics, water safety and other education programs. Programs are developed in collaboration with experts from the fields of medicine and aquatics and reflect the latest information and techniques. All courses are designed to teach the exact skills people need to respond to an emergency.
Contact the Training Support Center to sign up for a course: 1-800-REDCROSS
Services to Armed Forces
The Red Cross relays urgent messages containing accurate, factual, complete and verified descriptions of the emergency to service members stationed anywhere in the world, including on ships at sea and at embassies and remote locations.
Call 1-877-272-7337 (toll-free) if you are an Active duty service member stationed in the United States, or a family member residing with them.
Contact the North Central Florida Chapter of the American Red Cross at (352)376-4669 if you are a family member of an Active duty service member who does not reside in the service member’s household, family member of Department of Defense Civilian assigned overseas, member of the National Guard and Reserves, recruiter, veteran, or civilian.
* International Services programs are designed to meet ever changing humanitarian needs and improved the human condition, both in times of war and peace, and include:
* Disaster Response and Recovery
* Disease Prevention
* Holocaust and War Victims Tracing
* Restoring Family Links International Tracing & Messaging
* Dissemination of International Humanitarian Law and Exploring Humanitarian Law
Restoring Family Links
Services provided by the American Red Cross and the International Movement include:
* Locating missing loved ones when the separation is due to armed conflict or disaster
* Sending Red Cross Messages between separated family members—civilians, prisoners of war, and political detainees
* Obtaining information about the fate of civilians, including those separated during the Holocaust & World War II
* Processing international disaster welfare inquiries when normal communications are disrupted
* Securing ICRC travel documents for people who have been offered permanent resettlement
* Providing information and referral services